The Switch 9.1.0 system update was released on December 4, 2019. This Switch update was released for the following regions: ALL.
Security flaws fixed: yes.
Official ALL change-log:
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including a solution for the following:
- Resolved an issue where the color animation was not displaying correctly when attaching a Joy-Con controller to the Nintendo Switch console.
See the official China changelog for the China-specific changelog.
All files in RomFS were updated.
Secure Monitor was updated.
- System register configuration now sets CPUACTLR_EL1.
- This sets CPUACTLR_EL1 to the same value as in KernelLdr, previously this code only configured CPUECTLR_EL1.
- The firmware revision magic was changed from 0x16B to 0x18C.
<check back for more diffs later>
FIRM sysmodules were updated. Specific diffs available below:
The only difference is that nn::crypto::VerifyRsa2048PssSha256 now memsets the decrypted signature buffer to zero after extracting the hash.
The only difference besides GNU build hash update is that the Anti-Downgrade arrays were updated to the new title versions.
The following was updated:
- All applets.
- Sysmodules: bcat, friends, nifm, bsdsockets, hid, wlan, ldn, account, ns, nfc, am, nim, erpt, creport, ro, migration, olsc, and ngct.
- SystemData (besides the sysver SystemData): ErrorMessage, BrowserDll, Help, SharedFont, LocalNews, Eula, FirmwareDebugSettings, all BootImagePackages, PlatformConfigIcosa, PlatformConfigCopper, PlatformConfigHoag, PlatformConfigIcosaMariko, and NgWordT.
See Services_API for the new lp2p:m service.
- migration: Now has access to srepo:u.
- The following now have access to the new lp2p:m service: qlaunch, LibraryAppletCabinet, LibraryAppletController, LibraryAppletNetConnect, LibraryAppletPlayerSelect, LibraryAppletMiiEdit, all web-applets except for LibraryAppletOfflineWeb, OverlayApplet, and LibraryAppletMyPage.
System update report(s):
|Nintendo Switch System Versions|
|2.0.0 • 2.1.0 • 2.2.0 • 2.3.0|
|3.0.0 • 3.0.1 • 3.0.2|
|4.0.0 • 4.0.1 • 4.1.0|
|5.0.0 • 5.0.1 • 5.0.2 • 5.1.0|
|6.0.0 • 6.0.1 • 6.1.0 • 6.2.0|
|7.0.0 • 7.0.1|
|8.0.0 • 8.0.1 • 8.1.0 • 8.1.1|
|9.0.0 • 9.0.1 • 9.1.0 • 9.2.0|
|10.0.0 • 10.0.1 • 10.0.2 • 10.0.3|