The Switch 9.0.0 system update was released on September 9, 2019. This Switch update was released for the following regions: ALL.
Security flaws fixed: <fill this in manually later, see the updatedetails page from the ninupdates-report page(s) once available for now>.
Official ALL change-log:
- Added the following system functionality:
- Added a search feature for the News Channel.
- Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
- Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings.
- You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
- Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings > Notifications.
- You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
- Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time).
- A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
- You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
- Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
- Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
- When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
- The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
- Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User's page.
- Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
- Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.
All files in RomFS were updated.
NX bootloader was updated.
<check back later for diff>
Secure Monitor was updated.
- CPU Suspend SMC code now explicitly initializes the state of I2C5 before communicating with the PMIC, instead of assuming that it is in a valid state.
- Code for initializing MMIO inside package2ldr now writes random values to a number of PMC secure scratch registers, and validates that the written values are read back successfully before locking the scratch.
- TODO: Check back later for information on what these scratch do.
Kernel was updated.
<check back later for diff>
- The firmware revision magic was changed from 0x14A to 0x16B.
<check back for more diffs later>
FIRM sysmodules were updated. Specific diffs available below:
Gamecard ASIC firmware was updated.
All titles were updated except for the following: Dictionary, UrlBlackList, and flog.
New titles 0100000000000041 (ngct-sysmodule) and 100000000000830 were added.
Eula RomFS changes:
- "/CNzhT" was added.
- "/revision.txt" was updated.
This sysmodule was stubbed. This is now a SystemData title with an empty CNMT list.
The services which were previously hosted by this sysmodule were moved into ptm-sysmodule.
All updated non-FIRM titles use a new masterkey, except for Eula which still uses the keydata from 1.0.0.
System update report(s):
|Nintendo Switch System Versions|
|2.0.0 • 2.1.0 • 2.2.0 • 2.3.0|
|3.0.0 • 3.0.1 • 3.0.2|
|4.0.0 • 4.0.1 • 4.1.0|
|5.0.0 • 5.0.1 • 5.0.2 • 5.1.0|
|6.0.0 • 6.0.1 • 6.1.0 • 6.2.0|
|7.0.0 • 7.0.1|
|8.0.0 • 8.0.1 • 8.1.0 • 8.1.1|
|9.0.0 • 9.0.1 • 9.1.0 • 9.2.0|
|10.0.0 • 10.0.1 • 10.0.2 • 10.0.3 • 10.0.4 • 10.1.0 • 10.1.1 • 10.2.0|
|11.0.0 • 11.0.1|
|12.0.0 • 12.0.1 • 12.0.2 • 12.0.3 • 12.1.0|
|13.0.0 • 13.1.0 • 13.2.0|