The Switch 8.0.0 system update was released on April 15, 2019. This Switch update was released for the following regions: ALL.
Security flaws fixed: Yes.
Official ALL change-log:
- Added the following system functionality:
- A Sort Software feature is available after selecting to view All Software from the HOME Menu
- Software can be sorted by time last played, total play time, software title, and software publisher
- The All Software option displays when there are 13 or more software icons on the HOME Menu
- A View All Available News option is available within News, allowing you to view all news items currently being distributed
- Go to News > Channel List > View More
- Select from 15 new icons from the Splatoon™ 2 and Yoshi’s Crafted World™ games for your user
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the HOME Menu > Profile
- A feature to Transfer Your Save Data is now available, allowing you to transfer your save data for individual games between your Nintendo Switch systems
- Go to System Settings > Data Management > Transfer Your Save Data
- Save data will not remain on your source system after the transfer process completes
- A Zoom feature can be enabled from within System Settings
- Go to System Settings > System to turn Zoom ON
- Once enabled, you can use the Zoom feature by pressing the HOME Button twice
- An option is available to prevent the system from waking from Sleep Mode when an AC adapter is disconnected
- Go to System Settings > Sleep Mode > Wake When AC Adapter is Disconnected
- This also applies when undocking your console
- A VR Mode (3D Visuals) restriction is available within Parental Controls
- This will also be available in the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app through a later update
- Go to System Settings > Parental Controls
- These settings can also be changed from within Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit
- Hong Kong / Taiwan / South Korea is available for selection in Region
- Go to System Settings > System > Region
- The following names have been changed (functionality remains the same)
- Save Data Cloud Backup > Save Data Cloud
- Transfer Your User and Save Data > Transfer Your User Data
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
All files under RomFS were updated.
package1ldr was updated. The TSEC secureboot firmware was not updated.
NX bootloader was updated.
The Secure Monitor was updated.
- DMA controller configuration now disables AHB-DMA from arbitration.
- The SMC handler now checks a "is SMC allowed" bitmask against configuration set by NX bootloader(This just comes from bits 1-4 of the "attribute" field of the bootloader in BCT).
- Nintendo can now blacklist certain SMCs from certain boot conditions, but since the bitmask is zero for retail firmware (everything is allowed) this isn't particularly meaningful.
- smcGetConfig's "get_memory_configuration_by_bootconfig" implementation changed. It now calls a new function "get_dram_configuration", which returns a configuration value depending on the DRAM ID.
- Code configuring what peripherals to set secure-world only no longer assumes that the code is a retail unit.
- This removes what were presumed to be compile-time ifdefs for retail vs dev added in 7.0.0.
- Code responsible for configuring HiZ charger mode has changed a little.
- smcCpuSuspend no longer checks hardware type when deciding whether to go down HiZ mode codepaths.
- wakeup code on warmboot now checks whether HiZ mode is enabled, instead of unconditionally disabling it.
- TSEC no longer has access to the kernel carveout, and TSECB now has access to the kernel carveout.
- The Read/Write access levels were changed from 1 to 9, to facilitate this.
Kernel initialization has changed significantly.
- There is now a new loader program ("kernelldr") that runs before the kernel, and sets up KASLR/memory/etc. (kernelldr has its own .dynamic section).
- The INI1 containing the Initial Programs is no longer its own section inside of Package2. It is instead now embedded inside the kernel section, with kernelldr preparing it for the kernel.
- svcQueryIoMapping no longer accepts unaligned addresses as input when (input physaddr >= 0x1000). In addition, when input physaddr is < 0x1000, the kernel takes a new codepath to convert this to a different physical address.
<check back later for more detailed diffs>
- The firmware revision magic was not changed.
All FIRM sysmodules were updated. Specific diffs for a few sysmodules are below <check back later, to be updated>:
- pm:shell now has a new command (9), which does abort() in normal FIRM. However, when in safe mode, it returns a handle to an event that is signaled on IShellService->NotifyBootFinished(), before the embedded safemode boot2 runs.
- 1 new title was added: FunctionBlackList.
- All titles were updated, except for the following: dictionaries, UrlBlackList, PlatformConfigHoag, miiEdit, and flog.
/blacklist.dat which contains 8-bytes of zeros.
System update report(s):
|Nintendo Switch System Versions|
|2.0.0 • 2.1.0 • 2.2.0 • 2.3.0|
|3.0.0 • 3.0.1 • 3.0.2|
|4.0.0 • 4.0.1 • 4.1.0|
|5.0.0 • 5.0.1 • 5.0.2 • 5.1.0|
|6.0.0 • 6.0.1 • 6.1.0 • 6.2.0|
|7.0.0 • 7.0.1|
|8.0.0 • 8.0.1 • 8.1.0 • 8.1.1|
|9.0.0 • 9.0.1 • 9.1.0|