The Switch 7.0.0 system update was released on January 28, 2019. This Switch update was released for the following regions: ALL.
Security flaws fixed: <fill this in manually later, see the updatedetails page from the ninupdates-report page(s) once available for now>.
Official ALL change-log:
- Select from six new New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe icons for your user
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page > Profile on the top left of the HOME menu
- Added additional language support to the HOME Menu for Chinese, Korean, and Taiwanese
- To change the language, head to the System Settings > System > Language
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience
All files under RomFS were updated.
NX bootloader was updated, and is now stored compressed. Before executing, a small stub now uncompresses the bootloader to 0x40004000, size 0x1C000.
The Secure Monitor was updated, and is now stored compressed. Before executing, a small stub now uncompresses the main TrustZone image to 0x7C010800 size 0xC800, and environment setup code to 0x40032000 size 0xC000.
- The 0x100 region used for NX_BOOTLOADER <-> SecureMonitor communications is now 0x40000000 instead of 0x40002E00.
- Memory permissions for .rodata have been fixed, it is now correctly mapped R-- instead of RW-.
- Sealed old keys are now stored in the auxilliary data page (0x1F01FA000) instead of in .rwdata.
- An 0x10 block in the auxilliary page is now used for intermediate key derivation, instead of a block on the stack. This block is only memcleared once at the end, instead of after every time it is used.
- TrustZone code is now cleared from IRAM before signalling to NX_BOOTLOADER that the SecMon is awake.
- A function for getting HardwareType based on fuses now returns 0xF whenever it would previously have returned a non-zero value.
- Warmboot.bin has been moved again, and is now copied from 0x4003E000 size 0x17F0 instead of 0x4003D800 size 0x1FF0
[more details to be filled in later].
- The firmware revision magic was changed from 0xA8 to 0x129.
All titles were updated, except: "Chinese and Korean dictionaries", "European English and Japanese dictionaries", EULA, "Blacklist URL", "Dummy file", "Hoag system config", and flog.
- Localization data etc was updated in applets, likewise for 8XX titles.
- CAction title: new directory "/table" was added. The new file "/table/431FA316E20941779452DD0EBFA05E0E/ApplicationId" contains string "0x01003a400c3da000" - "YouTube".
- Web-applets were updated. "/whitelist/WhitelistEc.txt" in LibAppletShop was updated: "^https://([0-9A-Za-z\-]+\.)*eshop\.nintendo\.net($|/)" was changed to "^https://([0-9A-Za-z\-]+\.)*nintendo\.net(/|$)".
- ControllerFirmware: "/ukyosakyo_ep2_ota.bin" and the .csv were updated.
- Titles BrowserDll and AvatarImage were updated.
- Both bad-word-list titles were updated.
- HID-sysmodule RomFS added new file: "/ftmFwUpdate: NTD_4CD_xxxx.fts256".
- New services were added.
- bluetooth-sysmodule now has access to svcCreateSharedMemory.
- HID-sysmodule now has access to new service usb:qdb.
- ldn-sysmodule now has access to service psc:m.
- account-sysmodule: now has access to service npns:s.
- ns-sysmodule: service access to prepo:s was replaced with srepo:u. FS permissions now have bitmask 0x0000000400000000 set (CanFormatSdCard).
- nfc-sysmodule: now has access to services: psm, i2c, and gpio.
- am-sysmodule: now has access to services lm and nvgem:cd.
- btm-sysmodule: now has access to service srepo:u.
- npns-sysmodule: main thread stack size changed from 0x8000 to 0x4000. Removed service access for acc:aa and acc:u1, added access to pm:bm.
- glue-sysmodule: now has access to service srepo:u.
- Various applets now have access to service "banana" (which still doesn't exist on retail).
<fill this in (manually) later>
System update report(s):
|Nintendo Switch System Versions|
|2.0.0 • 2.1.0 • 2.2.0 • 2.3.0|
|3.0.0 • 3.0.1 • 3.0.2|
|4.0.0 • 4.0.1 • 4.1.0|
|5.0.0 • 5.0.1 • 5.0.2 • 5.1.0|
|6.0.0 • 6.0.1 • 6.1.0 • 6.2.0|
|7.0.0 • 7.0.1|
|8.0.0 • 8.0.1 • 8.1.0 • 8.1.1|
|9.0.0 • 9.0.1 • 9.1.0 • 9.2.0|
|10.0.0 • 10.0.1 • 10.0.2 • 10.0.3 • 10.0.4 • 10.1.0 • 10.1.1 • 10.2.0|
|11.0.0 • 11.0.1|
|12.0.0 • 12.0.1 • 12.0.2 • 12.0.3 • 12.1.0|
|13.0.0 • 13.1.0 • 13.2.0 • 13.2.1|
|14.0.0 • 14.1.0 • 14.1.1|