The Switch 5.0.0 system update was released on March 12, 2018. This Switch update was released for the following regions: ALL.
Security flaws fixed: <fill this in manually later, see the updatedetails page from the ninupdates-report page(s) once available for now>.
Official ALL change-log:
- Added the following system functionality
- Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
- Friend suggestions are based on the Facebook and Twitter accounts you have linked to your Nintendo Account
- To view your friend suggestions, from the top left of the HOME Menu head to your User Page > Friend Suggestions
- You must be 13 or older to use this feature
- Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
- Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
- To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
- When prompted to enter you Parental Controls PIN, press and hold the + Button to change between input methods
- Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
- Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
- Play-Time Limit restrictions will still apply even when the software title has been whitelisted.
- Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
- Resolved an issue that caused Play Activity to display incorrectly in the Profile section of your User Page
<fill this in (manually) later>
- 0100000000000824(Mariko Config), 0100000000000825, 0100000000000826 were added.
- 0100000000000824 provides configuration for the new "T214" SoC.
- 0100000000000825 contains an empty "/blacklist.dat" file.
- 0100000000000826 contains a 0x40-byte "/version" file, this is all-zero except for '0' at offset 0x20.
Everything under RomFS was updated.
A new folder "a" was added, in addition to the existing "nx" folder, containing a separate "bct" and "package1". Both of these seem encrypted/meant for the new "Mariko" hardware that support was added for.
All firm-sysmodules were updated (might be due to updated (?) rtld).
The Memory layout was changed significantly:
- .text, .rodata, and .data are now separate sections, instead of being mapped RWX.
- Physical layout in TZRAM changed significantly, with pk2ldr being in low TZRAM instead of high TZRAM.
In addition, there were changes to the SMC interface:
- smcLoadSecureExpModKey no longer exists.
- smcLoadRsaOaepKey has been replaced with a new SMC (0xC300D60C) that loads two keys into TrustZone.
- smcGetConfig was extended with two new config items:
- -GetConfig(16) now does the following, which seems to check whether the Switch is running on a Tegra 210:
return (FUSE_RESERVED_ODM4 & 0x800) && FUSE_RESERVED_ODM0 == 0x8E61ECAE && FUSE_RESERVED_ODM1 == 0xF2BA3BB2 ? (FUSE_RESERVED_ODM2 & 0x1F) : 0
- Getconfig(17) now checks whether package2 is plaintext or encrypted.
<fill in the rest later>
- Kernel Address Space Layout Randomization was added.
Keyblob 5 is now used, instead of 4. New NCA keydata is now used as well.
System update report(s):