* The Joy-Cons' state is read from [[HID_Shared_Memory|HID shared memory]] and both must be active and detached from the console.
* "StartSixAxisSensor" [[HID_services#hid|hid]] command is called for each Joy-Con so motion data can be captured.
* After capturing the motion data, the same motion checks for both Joy-Cons must pass at the same time. This motion data is analyzed in a small state machine consisting of a total of 7 steps and the motion itself is a reference to [https://www.youtube.com/watch?
time_continue= 17& v= BdQg43n2OaM Iwata's Direct gesture]. Hold the Joy-Cons pointing forwards/downwards, then move Joy-Cons to a vertical position, and hold it there for a bit. The Joy-Con grip can be used for this.
* The system's month and day must be July 11th, which is the date of Iwata's [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoru_Iwata passing]. The loaded date originates from network-time-sync'd time, regardless of whether the user has it enabled or not. When the system was never connected to the Internet and is on [[1.0.0]] it comes from the user-specified date instead. For newer systems, trying to load the network time if it was never set will result in an error: they won't ever be able to launch flog without a time-sync with Nintendo servers. This is loaded from the [[PCV_services|time]] service-cmds, with the actual time-sync being handled by [[NIM_services|NIM]].
* A wrapper for "GetLanguageCode" [[Settings_services#set|set]] command is called and the returned code must be 0 (JPja), 1 (USen) or 2 (EUen). Other combinations of region and language may have it's code translated internally to a valid one (0, 1 or 2), which seems to be the case for 12 (CNzh), 13 (KRko) and 14 (TWzh).
* Lastly, "IsSystemProgramInstalled" [[NS_Services#ns:am|ns:am]] command is called, which should return 1 if the "flog" title is installed.
Once everything passes it continues to the code which launches "flog". When "flog" is launched a small audio clip named "SeTestTone" is played which matches [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeVTJu_Yn2Y