Link titleThe 3.0.0 system update was released on June 19, 2017. This update was released for all regions.
Security flaws fixed: yes.
This is the official changelog from Nintendo regarding this update:
Improvements Included in Version 3.0.0
- Register a channel to receive News for specific games
- To register, head to News > Find Channels
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
- To add friends, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Friend Suggestions
- Receive notifications when your Friends go online
- To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > Notifications > Friend Notifications
- Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
- To search, head to Controllers > Find Controllers
- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
- To change order, head to System Settings > Users > Change Order
- Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
- To access Quick Settings, hold down the HOME Button
- Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
- To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower Max Headphone Volume
- This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled
- Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
- To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colors
- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
- To enable, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication
- The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.
- Update connected controllers
- To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers
- Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software
- To use this feature, head to System Settings > Data Management > Quick Archive
- User save data is not deleted
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
- Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
- Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode
It's unknown exactly what titles were updated.
NS-sysmodule was updated, this fixed a vuln in multiple cmds.
The updated OSS includes a number of WebKit changes.
Sysupdate Required Error
Prior to v3.0, with the atumn and sun domains blocked, the system could be used with online services on non-latest system-versions fine. As of roughly the day following the release of v3.0 however, the system being on >=v3.0 is now enforced via an account-related domain. This affects everything using Nintendo-accounts, regardless of whether the current user has one linked or not.
This also affects launching the WifiWebAuthApplet on pre-v3.0. Error 2110-3400 is thrown while eShop is loading, with the conntest domain setup to trigger the web-applet(originally launching eShop could be used for triggering the WifiWebAuthApplet). When attempting to connect to wifi from System Settings on versions >=v2.1(?), it will display the "Registration required ..." message then display a separate sysupdate-required message(different from the error message) before the web portal. With the dauth domain blocked, eShop has the same failure, however System Settings will launch the web-applet after it displays the "Registration required ..." message when connecting to wifi.