The Switch 3.0.1 system update was released on July 31, 2017. This Switch update was released for the following regions: ALL.
Security flaws fixed: <fill this in manually later, see the updatedetails page from the ninupdates-report page(s) once available for now>.
Official ALL change-log:
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
- Addressed an issue in which the remaining battery charge can't be displayed accurately
- If the system's battery power display suddenly increases or decreases, it will gradually improve by following these steps.
Exactly the following was updated:
- Every sysmodule, probably only re-encrypted using new key material.
- Every web-applet.
- Sysupdate titlelisting-title, browser "shareddata:/", System Version Title, and all FIRM packages.
The creport-sysmodule was rebuilt: only change was the hashid following the "GNU" string.
Everything under RomFS was updated.
Kernel wasn't updated.
The following firm-sysmodules were updated: FS, boot, and sm. The remaining modules(Loader, NCM, ProcessMana, and spl) were rebuilt: hashid following "GNU" string was updated.
Basically all code changes are related to the new NCA crypto. Key-init function was updated due to the new NCA crypto. Various keyindex values were updated due to the new NCA crypto, for non-NCA and NCA code. A function which returned ncahdr_x206("Crypto Type") was replaced with a branch to the new <get-final-cryptotype> function described here(equivalent to similar changes elsewhere).
Updated 1 func and added a new func:
- Added a call to <new func>. w1 value passed to L_381c(prev ver L_37d4) is now the output of <mask>, instead of fixed to 0x1.
All webapplets were updated, vulnerabilities were fixed. 803/buildinfo/buildinfo.dat contains the following:
r:14938 p:NX64 v:Release d:2017-07-11 17:51 n:0.6.10
The bootloader version was changed from 2 to 3.
New keydata was introduced for NCA content, see here.
New keydata was introduced for BCAT containers for indexes 0x10 to 0x1F.
System update report(s):
|Nintendo Switch System Versions|
|1.0.0 • 2.0.0 • 2.1.0 • 2.2.0 • 2.3.0 • 3.0.0 • 3.0.1 • 3.0.2|